This is NOT a virtual training. This is an In-Person immersion training to go DEEP into your practice.
Living with Covid-19 may be the new norm. While we cannot make any guarantees about our safety in regards to covid transmission, these are the steps that we will follow to increase our protection:
- *Students are encouraged to arrive at least a week early and self quarantine.
- Hand cleaners and alcohol based sanitizers will be provided throughout the course.
- Students are encouraged to bring their own mats, but if you cannot travel with a mat one will be provided for ONLY your use during the training.
- No touching, and one meter social distancing will be maintained as much as possible during the first week of the course.
- Room cleaning will be the responsibility of the student in order to limit our interactions with support staff. All reserved rooms come with their own washing machine.
- Two daily meals will be included during course days, and served by the same provider throughout the course in order to limit our interactions with support staff.
- All reserved accommodations are in one location in order to limit our exposure to the area at large.
- **Excursions into the country side are encouraged on your days off rather than exploring the city.
*We are happy to assist you in finding accommodation prior to the training if you wish to arrive early. We can also refer you to a trusted rental agent.
**There is a lot of nature nearby if you wish to get out and explore: hiking, beaches, hillsides, ancient ruins. This will be safer than getting out into the city. However, Saranda is not heavily populated.
This is outside of peak tourist times, and locations around the training will likely not be crowded during this training.
Yoga Alliance Accredited
Trainees may register with Yoga Alliance at its RYT-200 level upon successful completion of this training.
We ensure the quality of our yoga teacher training program by providing personalized guidance with the lead teacher to a small group of students.
Yoga Teacher Training Course Curriculum
In this training, you will develop the skills to teach yoga to others. You will study the form and function of asana (yoga poses), the foundations of pranayama (breath work), and the basics of meditation. Plus, yoga theory & practice, yoga history & philosophy, basic Sanskrit, and yoga teacher ethics & boundaries.
Additional topics will include:
- How to teach a yoga pose
- Proper alignment
- Anatomy and physiology as it relates to yoga
- Purpose and use of props
- Observing and understanding bodies
- When and how to modify yoga poses
- How or whether to touch students and when to use adjustments
- Restorative poses
- How to skillfully sequence a class
- Practice Teaching
- General history of Yoga
- Yoga Texts: Yoga Sutras of Patanjali, Bhagavad Gita, Light on Yoga
- Bandhas integration (muscular contractions)
- How to teach headstand and shoulderstand
- Arm balance progressions
- Find your inner teaching voice (your uniqueness)
- Learn the three main teaching methods: verbal (audio), visual, and physical (kinetic)
- The business of Yoga: how to market yourself in the yoga community
- Vinyasa flow and hatha techniques
Lead Instructor – Johnny Nasello
Born in the United States, Johnny Nasello is an e-500 hour Registered Yoga Teacher & Personal Trainer. He specializes in alignment based yoga, and has a vast experience working with different body types, abilities, and ranges of motion. He is known for precise instruction techniques, and relating larger concepts of yoga with practical inner guidance.
Johnny has been the lead instructor of over 20 teacher trainings, and has graduated students from over 40 different countries.
Yoga & Meditation Teacher – Ali Choi
Ali is a certified Ayurveda therapist, 500 hour registered yoga teacher, meditation teacher, and a holistic healing practitioner.
Ali was born in South Korea and grew up in Los Angeles, California where she attained a bachelor’s degree in Psychology. After entering the corporate work sector, she soon realized that her life’s path needed to take a different turn, which eventually led her to the world of yoga & wellness. She has trained in the United States and Thailand in various healing modalities over the years and has studied Ayurveda and Yoga in India.
She leads meditation classes, Ayurvedic diet & lifestyle counseling, Chi-Nei-Tsang (Taoist Abdominal Massage), Tok-Sen (Traditional Thai Healing Therapy), Cupping Therapy, and Reiki.
Her main focus is to help people connect to their inner potential to live a full and vital life in all aspects of being – physical, mental, and spiritual.
Johnny is often assisted by other former graduates of his 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training Certification Programs.