Advanced Yoga Teacher Training
My 300 Hour Advanced Yoga Teacher Training is designed for the yoga teacher who is serious about teaching yoga as a profession.
In this course, you will “Up Level” the skills that you developed in your 200 hour training. We will give you the tools to deliver master classes and incomparable private instruction to your students. You will be prepared to develop workshops and retreats, and move beyond drop-in studio classes. You will be set on a path to one day lead your own teacher trainings.
Through the process of developing these teaching skills, your understanding of this course material will find its way into every aspect of your personal practice, and it will deepen significantly.
Additionally, since this course takes place on the island of Koh Phangan, Thailand, you will spend an incredible amount of time on a tropical island surrounded by like-minded yogis. The experience will be nothing short of amazing!
- You must have completed a Yoga Alliance approved 200 Hour Training to be eligible to enroll in this course. Note: It is not necessary that you are registered with Yoga Alliance.
- You must be able to speak and read English at a conversational level.
- You must be able to participate in a group learning experience, and be willing to accept and provide feedback in an objective and constructive way.
- You want to set yourself apart from all of the other yoga teachers, with skills that are in demand but not easy to find.
- You want to continue along a path that immerses you further into yogic tradition and lifestyle.
- There are a lot of general courses out there, but this one focuses on teachers who want to take teaching seriously as a profession.
- You’ve researched our reviews, and read that this a no nonsense training that takes our students and the quality of education that we offer very seriously.
300 Hour Teacher Training Course Curriculum
Each week of this training will have a primary focus of education, but aspects of each focus will be present throughout the entire training.
This section will help teachers sharpen the knowledge that they acquired in our 200 hour training, and introduce our strong instructional techniques to students who may have taken their 200 hour training at another school.
Explore classic pranayama, kriyas, subtle body anatomy (types of prana, chakras), relationships of energy and asana, and meditation methods that enable you to tap into deeper aspects of yoga practice.
Develop skills that allow you to teach difficult poses and transitions, sequence for anatomy, energy or philosophy, strategize for prop use and pose improvement, and modify to all levels and abilities.
Learn to create longer format classes, workshops, and retreats. We will actually plan, coordinate, and implement these during the training. You will finish this course and leave ready to present your program.
Receive guidance on how to be a full time yoga teacher, create your brand, market yourself, strategize social media, newsletters, pricing, and position yourself for success in a competitive market.
Additional topics will include:
- How to Instruct with Clarity, Confidence, and Precision
- Yoga Philosophy
- Skeletal/Muscular Contraindications & Misalignments
- Postural Assessment & Correction Strategies
- Classical Pranayama
- Sequence for Alignment, Anatomy, Energy, and Philosophy
- Chakras & Nadis
- Mantra & Meditation
- Practice & Teaching Techniques
- Yogic Cleansing Techniques (Kriyas)
- Organizational & Leadership Skills
- How to Facilitate Group Learning
- Create Solid Effective Master Classes & Workshops
- How to Create Weekend Intensives
- How to Organize a Retreat
- How Yoga Poses Affect the Body’s Systems: Circulatory, Digestive, Pulmonary, Endocrine, and Nervous Systems
SHARED ROOMS, are available only to 2 students. If you are arriving alone, indicate in the comment section of your application to place you on the shared room waitlist. If another student wants to share a room, we will notify you that a Shared Room is available.
This Yoga Teacher Training is 36 Days/35 Nights
All rates with or without accommodation include 2 healthy vegetarian yogi meals per day plus herbal tea.
Early Bird Rate: Receive $300 off the cost above when we receive your deposit at least 30 days prior to the start of your yoga teacher training.
August 2019 Early Bird ends
All of our accommodation includes air condition and fans.
All of our rooms are on site, which is the most convenient way to focus on your training.
Only guests who are enrolled in one of our retreat programs are allowed to stay at our resort. Therefore, you will not be disturbed by random tourists who are not invested in the vibe, security, and serenity of our relaxing atmosphere.
Partners are allowed to stay with you in a Private Room. Extra charges will apply.
Most Western countries can receive a 30 day visa exemption when you arrive to the Kingdom of Thailand by air. We strongly recommend that you check with your own country’s embassy or consulate to verify your exact requirements.
The 30 day visa exemption can typically be extended for an additional 30 days with a quick visit to the immigration office on Koh Samui.
Due to the length of this training, a 60 day tourist visa might be your best option to place your mind at ease, and not worry about the extension at an immigration office.
We have created a resource page to help you arrive here by air, land, and sea: https://anandayogadetox.com/getting-here.html
The CDC and WHO recommend the following vaccines for Thailand: typhoid, hepatitis A, hepatitis B, cholera, rabies, Japanese encephalitis, and influenza. However, none of these vaccines are required.
The risk for Zika virus on Koh Phangan is moderate. Reports of malaria are rare.
Cash in the form of Thai Baht is the most convenient form of currency in Thailand.
ATMs are easily accessible in most areas, and allow you to withdraw money with a Visa enabled debit or credit card.
We do accept Visa and Mastercard at the resort. You can pay your balance with credit card (+3% fee), PayPal (+5% fee), or Thai Baht.
- July 4, 2019 – Last Day for Early Bird Rate 2019
- Aug 4 to Sept 8, 2019 – 300 Hour Advanced Yoga Teacher Training
- July 2, 2020 – Last Day for Early Bird Rate 2020
- Aug 2 to Sept 6, 2020 – 300 Hour Advanced Yoga Teacher Training
Sample Daily Schedule
- 7-7:45 – Morning Meditation
- 8-9:30 – Morning Asana
- 9:30-10:30 – Pranayama
- 10:30-11:15 – Brunch
- 11:15-13:30 – Free Time
- 13:30-16:30 – Lecture/Workshop/Practicum
- 16:30-18:00 – Afternoon Asana/Lecture
We are a Yoga Alliance accredited Registered Yoga School (RYS)
Lead Instructor – Johnny Nasello
Born in the United States, Johnny Nasello is an e-500 hour Registered Yoga Teacher & Personal Trainer. He has been leading teacher trainings since 2016, and has graduates from his programs in over 30 countries. In addition to his precise instructional techniques, he is known as a very professional teacher. He is the Yoga Programs Director at Ananda Yoga & Detox Center, and previously owned and managed his own studio in Portland, Oregon.
Johnny has studied mostly with master yoga teacher trainer, Noah Mazé, but has also studied and workshopped with many great teachers.
Johnny is often assisted by other former graduates of the Ananda Pure Yoga Programs, and other teachers with outstanding credentials and experience.
Frequently Asked Questions
A non-refundable deposit of $800 is required to secure your spot. The early bird rate is secured if your deposit is received at least 30 days prior to your program start date.
Yes, you have Sundays off! Go to the beach, plan a diving trip, go snorkeling, explore a temple, hike through the jungle. It’s your day to adventure or relax.
Plan on being in training 8 to 10 hours each day. You will get breaks throughout the day to study, eat, and process.
No. This is an advanced teacher training, and you should have an established and consistent yoga practice. However, there is no need to know advanced poses such as headstand, handstand or other arm balances and inversions. It does not matter if you are not flexible.