We have a yoga retreat Rishikesh and Gangotri, India in May, 2022. I’ll put the main details on this post, and if you’re interested you can check out the more extensive yoga retreat info page.
India Yoga Retreat - Rishikesh and Gangotri
This will be a unique, customized, once in a lifetime type of experience not to be missed!
This is a yoga retreat for all levels, and for anyone who has an interest in witnessing and exploring the birthplace of yoga, and checking out some very special places and beautiful temples in the Himalayan foothills.
May 15-24, 2022
Rishikesh & Gangotri, India
What to Expect
- 5 Nights in Rishikesh, “Gateway to the Himalayas” and “Yoga Capital of the World”
- 5 Nights in Gangotri, considered an important place of pilgrimage for Seekers. The holy River Ganges originates from the Gangotri glacier, located here, and is called Bhagirathi.
- Daily morning asana practice in a private yoga shala during the Rishikesh leg of the trip.
- Mantra chanting and satsang every day.
- Daily yogic activities at the temple, in nearby villages, and hikes in the forest during the Gangotri leg of the trip.
- Organic, local yogic foods.
- Transport to and from the airport, and between destinations.
- All activities listed below are optional. Feel free to participate as much or as little as you like in all of the offerings.
- This will be a truly unique experience. This is a place to fall madly in love with your practice, and connect deeply with yourself and fellow yogis.
There are 3 teachers involved in this retreat. Johnny will be leading asana classes in Rishikesh, Ali will be offering meditations, and Lavi will be our local contact to help us understand things from an Indian perspective, and to translate for us when necessary.
However, we will also be sitting in on talks and discussions with local swamis, yogis, and sages.
Johnny Nasello – Johnny Nasello Yoga
Johnny is a renowned yoga teacher with students all over the world. Born in the United States, he is an e-500 hour Registered Yoga Teacher. He has a vast experience working with different body types, abilities, and ranges of motion. He is known for precise instruction techniques, and relating larger philosophical concepts of yoga in a very practical way.
Johnny has been the lead instructor of over 20 teacher trainings, and has graduated students from over 40 different countries.
Ali Choi – Ali Choi Wellness
Ali is a certified Ayurveda therapist, 500 hour registered yoga teacher, meditation teacher, and a holistic healing practitioner.
Ali was born in South Korea and grew up in Los Angeles, California where she attained a bachelor’s degree in Psychology. After entering the corporate work sector, she soon realized that her life’s path needed to take a different turn, which eventually led her to the world of yoga & wellness. She has trained in the United States and Thailand in various healing modalities over the years and has studied Ayurveda and Yoga in India.
She leads meditation classes, Ayurvedic diet & lifestyle counseling, Chi-Nei-Tsang (Taoist Abdominal Massage), Tok-Sen (Traditional Thai Healing Therapy), Cupping Therapy, and Reiki.
Her main focus is to help people connect to their inner potential to live a full and vital life in all aspects of being – physical, mental, and spiritual.
Yogi Lavi – Om Hari Om Yogashala
Lavi was born in the heart of the Himalayan Valley in Uttarkashi. He is a lifelong yogi, and accomplished yoga teacher and guide.
He studied yoga for many years under the guidance of Swami Rudradev, the famous yoga guru of Rishikesh. He always follows the world famous Swamiji Sundaranand who lives near his home town in the Himalayas.
Lavi will serve as our “point man” to ensure that our journey is safe and smooth. He will act as translator when necessary, and will gain us access and attendance with mountain sages and swamis.
India Yoga Retreat Activities in Rishikesh and Gangotri
There will be so many things to do, both as a group or on your own that we can’t even list them all, but here are some highlights:
Trayambakeshwar temple, Sivananda Ashram, and more!
A cultural event that takes place nightly along the banks of the Ganges river.
A series of three stunning waterfalls make up the Neer Garh falls.
A 360• Panoramic view of Himalayas.
A special place of sages and holy men.
Where the Beatles convened for a time to find peace and inspiration.
The great swami of Gangotri.
A revered mountain temple.
Forest hikes with views of Himalayan peaks.
A Tibetan village in the Himalayas described simply as “paradise”.
- Mantra chanting and satsang everyday
- Meditation at Vashista Cave
- Havan (fire ceremony)
- Local market – Explore Laxman Jhula Bridge to Ram Jhula Bridge by walk
- Sivananda Ashram visit
- Ayurveda session with masters (Nadi Check up)
- Take a bath in a natural hot water spring
- Visit to famous north Kashi Vishwanath (Shiva lingam) Temple
- Explore local market
- Visit to mountain village by walk and connect with local people to know about Himalayan local herbs
- Visit to Gangotri caves and a Yogi’s art gallery
- Darshan of Surya Kund (Sun Pool)
- and more…
India Yoga Retreat
If you think that this India yoga retreat is for you, then please click on through to my info page with even more details like accommodation, food, travel insurance suggestions, and pandemic precautions for 2022.
I would love to personally answer any other questions you might have.